Serve creamy broccoli with cheddar soup for lunch or dinner…
It’s savory, cheesy, and easy to prepare!
Broccoli-Cheddar Soup Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 3 c. fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 c. mild or sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
In a large sauce pan, combine butter and olive oil. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Sauté onions and carrots in butter/oil mixture until the onions appear translucent.
Sprinkle flour over onions and carrots. Stirring constantly, cook a minute or two longer.
Add chicken broth, broccoli, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer for twenty minutes.
Remove lid. Using an immersion blender, purée until soup reaches the consistency you prefer… some like it chunkier than others.
Whisk in cream and cheddar. Continue stirring, as cheese melts completely into thickened soup.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
*Yields 4-5 servings.